International standard bodies and their regulations help companies deliver the best possible end user experience to their clients through stringent quality management. At Techprint Inc. we understand the importance of this, and recently were recertified for ISO 9001:2008 certification. The #1 reason to be ISO certified is to achieve the highest customer satisfaction.
A body of guiding principles and specific requirements, the ISO 9001:2008 happens to be the gold standard of quality management practices. It is a coveted certification which is handed out only to the organizations that display the ability to:
- Consistently deliver stellar customer experiences
- Accurately document processes that impact a buyer’s interactions with the company
- Improve these documented processes over time so that the business is always updated and relevant in the context of eliminating consumer problems and offering them a rewarding experience
How Can a Company Apply for and Secure the ISO 9001:2008 Certification?
It is important to take note of the fact that for a company to be ISO certified all the fundamentals and provisions specified in the body of literature supporting a particular standard must be met. These guidelines are non-negotiable. If a company can’t follow anything in particular because of its business model, then it can’t claim ISO 9001:2008 conformance.
- A gap analysis should be conducted where the present quality Management System (QMS) is evaluated against an ISO compliant QMS. The shortcomings must be rectified.
- A plan is needed to work on the gap revealed. ISO 9001 has a step by step workbook that lists different approaches to bridging this gap.
- Next the employees have to be trained in the provisions of the ISO 9001.
- The QMS processes now need to be documented and the system implemented in the organization.
- Before the certification providers are called in to carry out their own audit, an in-house audit is necessary to ensure greater probability of approval.
It is a rigorous and exhaustive journey. But the tangible benefits include better market reputation, strict quality management, consistent and excellent performance, reduced defect rates, documentation and automation of processes for ongoing evaluation, easier growth and most importantly increased revenue from the elimination of obsolete practices.
Techprint Inc. offers numerous manufacturing capabilities for a variety of industries. For more information on our capabilities and how our ISO 9001:2008 certification demonstrates our company wide commitment to quality contact us here.